Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Boom The Cannon!

It's been a while since I've posted a sample of my eldest daughter's literary attainments online.

(Heck, it's been a while since I've posted anything online.)

But one never quite knows what one is going to get with the Pillowfight Fairy. In years past we've seen diagrams for schemes of airborne sheep rustling, to pictures of dungeons ("Warning: bad people only") to some surprisingly dark bus-stop nocturnes.

One of the fun parts of being a home-school daddy is seeing the progress that your kids make. I look at those earlier efforts, which were done over two years ago, and I marvel at how much progress she's made since then.

But she's still my daughter of course. And naturally, that means her poems involve artillery.

Yup. She was assigned today to write a poem, of her own composition, in cursive. Here's what this little second-grade daddy's girl came up with:
Behold! Ye launch a cannonball! For freedom! And messes!

That. Is. My. Daughter.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a fun poem!

Daniel "Captain" Kirk said...

Makes me want to Boom The Cannon!

Crimson Wife said...

Too funny! I'm impressed by her penmanship as well, my 7 y.o. 2nd grade DD's isn't remotely as legible.

A. Jean said...

Okay, Tim. I know you can do better than this. Get in there and write something. We all enjoyed "Boom The Cannon!" but it's time to update so we can see what you've been up to. BTW, this is not meant as criticism, but encouragement to post!