Thursday, September 18, 2008

Public Service Announcement

We interrupt this blogging hiatus and nearly-two-week late-night Spore orgy to bring you a very important Public Service Announcement.

Tomorrow--Friday, September 19th--is International Talk Like A Pirate Day.

You see, too often I would forget all about Talk Like A Pirate Day until it was nearly over. I'd get home from work, have dinner, be Daddy for a few hours, put the kids in bed, check the news... and then realize that it was Talk Like A Pirate Day, and I'd nearly missed it! I hadn't even uttered one lousy Aaarggh to my precious little squabbies.

Thus, the PSA: I'm informing everyone tonight, so that you can remember it tomorrow and be prepared to plunder your mateys' booty.

(Actually, the apostrophe is wrong. It should be matey's booty. If you plunder the booty of more than one matey, they tend to get mad at you. Not that a true pirate would have minded....)

1 comment:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

For some reason, I have a few co-workers that really get into this every year. However, I think they've taken it to an extreme. While pulling into the parking lot this morning my car was taken over by the group. Minutes later they forced me to walk off the edge of the office building (one story high) and I think I sprained my big toe.

Arrrrrrggggggg!