Sunday, March 1, 2009

Whaddaya Know, They Can Criminalize Stupidity

So we saw this headline the other day:
Woman Caught Breast-Feeding While Driving
Of course, we had to look. It was like watching mud-wrestling, or sword-swallowing, or a horrible accident (or all three at once): you just can't look away.

First sentence:
KETTERING, Ohio (AP) - Police in Ohio said a woman has been charged with child endangering after another motorist reported she was both breast-feeding a youngster and talking on a phone while driving.
Darn it, I hate it when people talk on the phone while driving.

Good grief. I mean, seriously: good grief. I'm generally the kind of guy who believes in the wisdom of the common man--at least, in that they're usually able to handle their affairs better than their political superiors.

But then I read a story like this, and it makes me think: If that's the kind of thing the common people do, then I shudder to think what our political superiors are like....

No comments: