Thursday, January 22, 2009

Anatomy Lesson

I present this just because I liked it. The Fairy has been learning about the human body lately, and has taken to drawing pictures of internal organs.

Believe it or not, that's not actually as gross as it sounds.

Of course, it's not Gray's anatomy or anything. She's not necessarily trying to get everything perfect. If she looks at the picture in the book and sees things that remind her of gooshy bits, then when it comes time to draw her picture, it will contain generic gooshy bits where the Fairy thinks they look right. And if this organ has a half-dozen tubes and pipes going into it in various angles, the Fairy will draw an organ with some-odd number of tubes and pipes going off roughly at random. Close enough for Government work, I say.

(Rick, if you're reading this, I didn't mean you.)

Anyway, just for fun, here's the Fairy's take on the Cardiovascular system.
I tease, but I'm rather quite proud. This is a six-year-old first grader, after all.

But am I the only one who looks at those platelets, and think of that worm they put in Chekhov's ear in the Wrath of Khan? Man, those things look creepy. See what I mean about the gooshy bits?

1 comment:

B. Durbin said...

That's a better grasp of the internal organs than some adults have.