Tuesday, February 5, 2008

More Light Reading

Back in December, I posted a list of books that my kids like. Or rather, I posted a list of books that my kids liked to pull off of the bookshelves when they were toddlers. And we tried to glean insight into their personalities and future careers based on their literary choices. As you may recall, my toddlers' tastes ranged from hardcore theological interpretation, to college-level physics, to home improvement. This, of course, made Mommy and me very, very proud.

Well, Mommy has been pushing the project for some time now of rearranging all the furniture in the house, as our wives are wont to do from time to time. And as part of this process we've been winnowing and rearranging the books on our bookshelves. We have a lot of books; and frankly, we've used up most available wall space in our house. If we want new books, we've got to get rid of some of the old simply to make room. And of course, my wife is a former librarian--so when she starts rearranging the books, watch out.

(Of course, with Tonya all our books tend to wind up in Dewey Decimal order. She's funny that way.)

So now all the books are in different locations. And now the Happy Boy isn't quite tall enough to get at the home improvement book, so today he had to pick out something new.

I'm very, very, very proud of his new selection.

Although... he may have to wait a while for his voice to change.

1 comment:

M said...

LOL - introduce kids to all sorts of good books early and they aren't afraid to pick them up later...

BTW- off topic - love to get some male input on a post I have up today on European war toys - your DS isn't quite old enough yet but the day will come...