Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving Edition of Carnival of Homeschooling Is Up!

The Carnival of Homeschooling is being hosted at HomeschoolBuzz this week, and it has a lot of good stuff.

My recent post, Update On Our Musical Experiment, is featured.

There are also a couple of posts there that I found particularly interesting. Dana from Principled Discovery writes here about her experiences attempting to raise self-learners, following the rule of thumb that "A child should be self-educating by twelve". I find this post very interesting, in no small part because I touched on the topic of student self-education in this post, and had it kick off quite a discussion in the comments section. Anyway, I'm thankful to Dana for giving a description of how this process looks from her perspective. (And I also think many of the comments are very interesting, too.)

Another interesting post, by Crimson Wife, talks about invented spellings, and asks about how to get kids to spell correctly without killing their love of writing. There's a good discussion going in the comments there, too.

No comments: