Monday, April 7, 2008

That's Me, Living Dangerously

Well, I was going to write a long and meaty post tonight, but then I read this and this. It appears that blogging is a health hazard!

According to the New York Times (as excerpted by the Instapundit):

A growing work force of home-office laborers and entrepreneurs, armed with computers and smartphones and wired to the hilt, are toiling under great physical and emotional stress created by the around-the-clock Internet economy that demands a constant stream of news and comment. . . .

Two weeks ago in North Lauderdale, Fla., funeral services were held for Russell Shaw, a prolific blogger on technology subjects who died at 60 of a heart attack. In December, another tech blogger, Marc Orchant, died at 50 of a massive coronary. A third, Om Malik, 41, survived a heart attack in December.

Other bloggers complain of weight loss or gain, sleep disorders, exhaustion and other maladies born of the nonstop strain of producing for a news and information cycle that is as always-on as the Internet.

Hey, guess what! My weight's been going up over the last year. It must be all this blogging I'm doing.

Well, consider the fact that my wife fed me breaded roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and white gravy tonight, I'd better sign off here before I give myself a coronary. I'll try to write something a little more meaty (bad pun; I know) in the next day or so, after I've had a salad to boost my constitution.

No comments: