Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Carnival of Homeschooling--April Fool's Edition--Is Up

I rather enjoyed this week's Carnival of Homeschooling. It's over at the site of Henry Cate, who founded the Carnival. He peppered this week's offering with historical notes about April Fools' Days through the ages, and some of the better scams that were pulled.

My post entitled I'm Not So Sure I Like Where This Is Heading is featured. This post is about the recent news that the California Court of Appeals responsible for the recent homeschool ruling (In Re: Rachel L.) has voided its ruling and is preparing to re-hear the case.

There are some other good posts up. One that caught my eye was Our Entrepreneurial Homeschooler, by Barbara Frank. It caught my eye because I've previously mused about how to impart the entrepreneurial spirit to our children, given that this spirit wasn't much in evidence in my own home when I was growing up. It's good to see what this spirit looks like when it's alive and well in an 11th grader, who has set up her own online business. I also note the use of real books in the way economics is taught in their household, even though Barbara does say
But I have to think that the things she’s learning right now by setting up her little business are at least as valuable, if not more so, than what she’s learning from Dr. Sowell’s book.
Check it out!

No comments: