Saturday, September 1, 2007

Never-Ending Backyard Project

I haven't been able to do a whole lot of work on The Project™ lately, what with Tonya laid up and me having so much to do around the house. But I managed to sneak out for about an hour last night to get some work done.

And I do mean last night: I literally had to finish by lantern-light. But I'm not as weird as Tonya's brother, who once trimmed bushes after midnight. (I married well, it appears. Tonya's family accepts me as one of them.)

Well, in the light of morning, I got a good look at what I'd managed to get done. Here's a sample of what the walkway and patio will look like when they're done.


This is a Happy-Boy eye's view of the walk, looking from our RV pad into our backyard.


This is a side view of the same thing. You can't tell from the picture, but it is actually going on top of concrete, with a thin layer of sand in between.

When the whole thing is done, there will be about a hundred feet of walkway like this, and a good sized patio made of the same kinds of stones on the other side of the house. I'm thinking it's going to look very nice.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Impressive!

I've been keeping up with the travails of your family since I saw your post in last weeks Carnival of Homeschooling. You're in a similar boat to me when my wife was sentenced to 6 weeks of bedrest before our 3rd kid was born. Oy!

If you get a chance, check out my latest backyard project (the post titled "we did it!").

Chris