Monday, September 24, 2007

And Now, a Post That Doesn't Even Mention Hojotoho Once!

Now I've mentioned in my profile that I play the harp, but I otherwise haven't posted anything about that before now. But it's true. These are my babies:
Well, aside from Happy Boy, these are my babies. And unlike the Happy Boy, these things stay where you put them.

I haven't been practicing them much in the last two months or so. I did a wedding recently, and then.... Nothing. I put the harps away and started dealing with my wife's broken foot, and haven't had the time or energy to play them; let alone tune them! I realize the resolution in the above photo isn't high enough to count the strings--unless you have a really obsessive personality--but just take a look at all those strings and reflect for a moment on how much time it takes to get these things in tune.

Well, I'm playing at a wedding in mid-October, so I have to get them tuned up and get back into practice. This means that I might not be able to keep up the blogging pace that you, my loyal reader, have come to expect. But I'll do my best.

And in the meantime, here's a clip of me hacking through the first 40 seconds or so of Samuel O. Pratt's The Little Fountain, better known to most people as That Music From Zelda (which is rather unfair, as the music was written several decades before Zelda--and several decades before Pong too, for that matter.)
The Little Fountain Sample - Twango
(I only did the first 40 seconds so that I would fall under the "Fair Usage" provisions of the Copyright laws. Wouldn't want to break the law on my blog before it's even six weeks old now, would I? Sorry if it leaves you hanging, though. I'll have to learn something by an even deader white guy sometime and play the whole thing for you.)

No comments: