Just for a sense of perspective, here's a picture taken from almost the same spot, aimed about 45° (.785 radians, for you math folks) to the right:
The stones you saw in my previous post are all the way at the end of this walk, and around the corner to the left.
Sooooo... Now all that needs to be done is the back-fill. And the borders--which will obviously require a whole bunch of weedwhacking. And Round-Up. And screeding a layer of sand on top of the concrete, followed by the laying out of the stones. And of course I then need to sweep sand into the cracks between the stones, and get one of those funny vibrating tamper-thingys to make everything even. And then I get to apply the sealant! Followed by more back-fill.
Nevertheless, I'm a happy man right about now. As you can see, this has been a big job. For a sense of scale, I used up about 13.5 cubic yards of gravel--most of which for the gravel bed under the slabs, but probably about 4 or 5 cubic yards or so which went to mixing cement. I used up about 2.5 cubic yards of sand as well, and somewhere between 60 and 70 bags (47-pounders) of portland cement.
All goes well, I'll have this done before late October. I'd really like to have this thing done within a year of having started it.