Friday, December 14, 2007

Back Home, Safe and Sound

Well, my family and I are all back home after a week on the road. I get to sleep in my own bed tonight! With my own wife!

Um.... that came out wrong. What I meant to say was that we were in sleeping bags all week, and I was on the floor, and my wife was on the sofa, and, um... nevermind.

The training class was helpful. I stopped in at work for a few hours after driving back from the Bay Area, fired up the computer, and tried to see how much I could remember from the training class. I successfully made a portlet! From memory! That accepted credit card data! Not that it has anything to do with our project, mind you, but it's cool nonetheless. And if any of you out there need a portlet that takes your credit card data and gives it to me, just let me know.

Well, I had been blogging between sessions at the training class, so my wife hadn't seen anything I'd blogged about all week. She was rather bemused to read that I was having a relaxing week. Alas, she was not. She was fighting off a cold (with a nasty cough) all week, as was the Adrenaline Junkie; neither of them were particularly spunky by the end of our stay. She felt like she was on duty all the time.

Anyway, it's good to be home. We tend to get spoiled to the fact that we have a really, really comfy mattress. After a week away from home, we slip into our own bed, and say AAAAaaaaahhhh..... I'm really looking forward to that tonight.

No comments: