Monday, December 31, 2007

Last Post of 2007 Is A Rotten Egg!

Um, that would be this one.

I was just thinking that, wow... I only started this blog back in mid-August, so I've only been doing this for four-and-a-half months now, but it seems like forever. I suppose that's what things feel like when they take over your life, huh? ;-)

So far, the count is: This will be the 142nd post. As of this writing, I've garnered 188 comments. I found this total a little surprising actually; I didn't think it would be as high as that. My readership tends to be a pretty taciturn lot, it would appear. I think most of the comments were generated by a relatively small number of posts. There was one that got 23 for goodness sakes, and another that got 10. That's over one sixth of my total comments in two posts.

My hit counter is currently reading 6506 hits, since I stuck the thing in around naptime on August 19th (which was actually several days after I started the blog). Now, probably at least a thousand of those were from me, checking my own site to see how many people had visited--or looking up permalinks of older posts that I could refer to in newer ones. Nevertheless, I still think that's a pretty good number. (Although I do note that traffic has fallen way off since the start of the holiday season. Good! This means that my readership has a life, as it were.)

Anyway, I wish you all a very happy New Year celebration, and I wish you all the best in the coming new year. Make good use of all the mistletoe tonight. And the eggnog. :-)

No comments: