Tuesday, October 9, 2007

93rd Carnival of Homeschooling up

Just wanted to let all my readers know that the 93rd Carnival of Homeschooling is up over at Apollos Academy . My post Virtue, Peer Pressure, and Homeschoolers is featured, as is my lovely bride's post Toys: the love-hate relationship.

There's a lot of good stuff there. For one thing, there are a couple of posts referring to this recently-released report from the Fraser Institute (of Canada). The report gives a brief overview of the history and the current state of homeschooling in North America (both US and Canada), and summarizes the existing research about how well homeschooled children are doing academically and socially.

And one of the contributors this week is one that I've never seen before, entitled Play the Dad? No, Be the Dad! One of his posts (not from the Carnival--it's one of the other posts on the site) links to this video clip, which had me laughing so hard there were tears in my eyes:



Hope you enjoy. As I said, there's a lot of good stuff there.

No comments: